Sunday, April 3, 2011

Visiting Mum in Adelaide

I am  now back in Brisbane after 4 days in Adelaide.

I enjoyed my time in Adelaide. 
My Mother has been working a lot in her back yard, her garden is now full of life and peaceful.
I very much enjoyed standing amongst and walking around the garden.

There are many plants growing all around the yard.
I could hear the birds singing, bees buzzing, and I could smell a variety of scents from trees, flowers, and the earth. It was a really nice experience to be amongst and admire the life of plants.
This Lemon tree was attractive, there were many lemons growing on its branches, the flowers emitted a sweet fragrance, and there were many bees suckling at the flowers all around and within the outer and inner world of the tree. It felt so alive, so real.



I visited the tree a few times while I was staying at my Mother's house. One day I spent 30 minutes standing very close to the tree admiring the fruit, listening to the sound of bees, smelling the fresh scent. 




I tried my best to take a photo of one of the bust bees. I would stick my head and upper body within the tree. I felt I was part of the inner world of the tree. The bees didnt mind me as I follow them and snapped very close photos of them while they were working.

I also found an old birds nest in the lemon tree.

I also enjoyed finding the small life within the garden. These clovers may be small and hard to see but they are very beautiful when you take the time to get up-close and see where and how they live.


This is Roger's Habanero Chili.
These chili are rated as one of the hottest in the world.
I picked a few of the bush and ate a small amount raw to try it.
The taste was sweet, a pleasant flavor, and yes it was extremely hot!




We found a tiny mouse climbing on the tall grass and eating grasses. She was very cute.

I had a nice time in Adelaide this time. My Mother and Roger seemed calm and I could enjoy relaxing there. 
I was thinking about dear Akiko each day. She is now in Kobe, I think she is feeling a bit better because Kobe is safe. But because the future of her life in Japan is hard to foresee it seems she is still a bit worried and stressed.
I know she thought I didn't miss her, because I was busy with my family, but it's not true. I think about her each day, I can see her in my mind and heart, and I do miss her. I dont know exactley how she feels, or how she is thinking these days. I just wish that I could help. It seems I cant be part of her life now. I can only chat with her online. She doesn't need me to be with her, I dont feel the same, but I will continue to support her if she just wants to be alone now.
Please take care Akiko, and contact me anytime about anything if you like. I'll try to help if I can. 

1 comment:

  1. It's very nice to know that you had a good time ther with your parents. :) I'm glad you did enjoy there.
    I'm sorry that i dont have much time to chat and talk with you...I dont feel like to feeling happy now. I think Im one of victims and Im suffering by the earthquake and nuclear explosion. I dont know how I can face with this reality, I sometimes cant support myself. I feel I want to throw everyting away and leave tokyo as soon as possible. but i know I have to fight with emermy that we cant see...

    ReplyDelete