Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Meringue - first attempt at home

Last night I found a recipe for Vanilla and Raspberry Vacherin which I thought seemed reasonably easy. The first step was to make Meringue, that would later be crushed into 1cm pieces and pressed between layers of Vacherin in ramekins and frozen over night. Vacherin is a mixture of cream, ice cream, fruit, meringue pieces.
I used Soy ice cream instead of traditional ice cream. The rest of the ingredients I took from the recipe. Raspberries and Lemon juice mixed into soften ice cream, meringue pieces pressed into layers of the ice cream mixture, until the mold is full. Freezing overnight, and then knocked out onto a plate, topped with fruit and a prepared sauce.
I have baked the meringues, mixed the vacherin, layered, and re-frozen. I'll consume one tomorrow.
Here are some photos of meringue before and after baking.





1 comment:

  1. that looks very yummy!!!
    i wish i could eat that with you :)
    love sweets!

    ReplyDelete