Friday, December 3, 2010

Fermented Goodness

Since the 19th November I have been at home, enjoying my break from work.
I have been taking better care of my health this break. Eating Okayu (rice soup) almost every day, for breakfast, and drinking at least two pots of fermented black tea, which was a gift from Aco.

For some time I have felt that I might have some health issue with my stomach or intestines. I often feel bloated, and full, even if I eat a small amount.
I have been following Aco's advice, trying to have a more holistic approach to my well-being. I first started learning BouKikou (CHi Kung with Bo) from Aco last year. Since then I have been practicing more frequently and finding it helps to relax any tightness in my shoulders and neck.
The tightness in my left shoulder and left side of my neck, can at times be very severe and painful. So I have asked for more advice from Aco about these symptoms, to find out what she would recommend, how my symptoms would be interpreted by Traditional Chinese Medicine.
It was interesting to learn that the left shoulder is related to the stomach. Aco had advised me to start taking better care of my stomach, by eating Okayu each morning, and Miso Shiru, and to drink the fermented black tea each day.
I have been following her advice, and I have been feeling better... less bloated, and clean within. I am now wishing to find more fermented foods and drinks. There is a tea shop in Chermside that sells fermented teas, I will have a look next week, and if it's not too expensive, I will buy some.

Thanks Aco. MD.

No comments:

Post a Comment