Monday, October 11, 2010

Adam @ Work

Hi Aco, and readers.
Adam here, I'm supposed to be working at the moment. I should be baking a cake or preparing some other type of dessert. Just now, for a few minutes, I want to write about how I feel day to day, about my job. My job is enjoyable, most of the time. I work as a Chef for a catering company that services the mining industry. The workers that we cater for can be quite rough and can be hard to deal with, which adds a bit of pressure to my job. I'm a bit shy, so I find the abrasive nature of some Australian country folk to be quite challenging.
There are always two chefs working here, on separate twelve hour alternating shifts. Day after day, keeping the kitchen open around the clock. I am responsible for my own menu planning, food preparation and kitchen management. There are days when I am proud of what I cook, and days when I am out of ideas...  
Every time I go to work, even the night before I have to take the bus to out of town, I start to miss Aco. When I am home, on break, which is usually 16 days, Aco and I communicate everyday. I love it. She is my comfort, and my fresh air.
I am always thinking of my dear Aco. Especially when I come to work out here in the wild Oz, surrounded by wild animals. I feel a deep appreciation for having her in my life. When I think of her, I remember that there are good qualities in human kind. Aco is the most gentle, lovely, admirable, and adorable person that I know. I feel a bit more gentle myself, when I remember her kind smile, her voice, her touch. I realize how fortunate I am. Meeting her, has changed the way I feel, about myself, about relationships, about my future. Being by her side is my motivation for keeping up this hard work. The money I make, and save, brings me a little closer to the goal, to be by her side as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment