Saturday, September 17, 2011

Brisbane Festival - Light Sphere









This afternoon I went for a walk through the city, Botanical Gardens, and across the river to Southbank. I was surprised to find this interesting piece of art that was put together as part of the Brisbane Festival. A sphere of disc shaped mirrors, mounted on white pebbles, with a border of multi-colored lights that morph and pulse slowly. The most attractive aspect of this was the extremely soothing music and sounds playing from the centre of he sphere. The sounds were ambient and warm, rhythmic like a heart beat, like the soundtrack of a science fiction scene. I found myself in a trance, and after 20 minutes or so I felt I could go to sleep. The warm/cool spring air, the setting sun, and this light sphere, all elements blending into a feeling of hypnotic relaxation :) haha. I could have laid down by it an had a good nap.

1 comment:

  1. Ow, it's amazing colour! and it looks like some creature, kind of spacy it lives in deep sea or on the other planets. It must be relaxing to listen and see this in the night.

    ReplyDelete