Friday, July 1, 2011

Tonight's Dinner - Sri Lankan Curry

Tonight I cooked dinner for Phil and our guest Trudy. I made Sri Lankan Pepper Beef Curry, Butter Chicken, and Coconut Sambal. I had a proper Sri Lankan dinner with the Harrison's and Zolan's Mother a few weeks ago. The Coconut Sambal which we had was a perfect addition to a plate of curry and one I had never tried before. I'm not a big fan of coconut usually, but this was delicious.

Coconut Sambal is basically: Shredded Coconut, Chili Paste, Diced Onion, and dried fish. Well, that is how Zolan's Mother had prepared it. The taste was surprisingly delicious and a bit sweet, and the chili paste added a perfect amount of moisture to the coconut making the consistency more palatable.

Here is a photo of some leftovers from tonight's dinner.

1 comment:

  1. It looks real Sri Lankan curry!
    Nice to know that you enjoyed with guests.

    ReplyDelete